"Papa-Manolis" from Crete
Traditional Greek Recipe
For 4 portions
1 kg pork meat (shoulder blade or leg)
1 kg potatoes
1/2 glass of olive oil
1 glass of red wine "Aspros Lagos Douloufakis"
A big frying pan with a lid
How to cook the recipe "Papa-Manolis"
1. Cut the pork meat in pieces.
2. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Then mix them all.
3. Clean and cut the potatoes in large piecies.
4. Place the pork meat into the fry pan and pour a glass of water.
5. Boil on low heat until the water evaporates.
6. Pour in a glass of red dry wine "Aspros Lagos Douloufakis". Cover and boil on a low heat for 10 minutes.
7. Add the potatoes and some water in the pan.
8. Cover the pan and leave to cook for 10 min.
9. When all juices evaporate pour 1/2 glass of oil.
10. Served with a glass of red dry wine "Aspros Lagos Douloufakis" from the variety of Cabernet Sauvignon. Cabernet Sauvignon.
"Kali orexi" and cheers from Crete!
Once adding the potatoes. Just pan the pan back and forth to keep the food from sticking.